NMAS Mediator Accreditation Course
become a dispute resolution professional
This NMAS Mediator Accreditation course is for people who want to become a dispute resolution professional. Successful completion of this course allows you to apply for NMAS Accreditation through a Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (RMAB).
The NMAS Mediation course contains thirty five (35) CPD units plus an additional two (2) CPD unit course on Negotiation skills.
Learn how to professionally facilitate mediation and collaborative (interests based) negotiation as a legal professional.
Ethics and professional responsibility
The NMAS Mediation course contains a) CPD unit on the Ethical requirements for Lawyer Mediators plus an additional CPD unit course on Practical Ethical Challenges for Lawyer Mediators.
Practice management and business skills
The NMAS Mediation course contains an additional two (2) courses on practice management and business skills. Preparing your Mediation Practice Documents (1 CPD unit) and Marketing your Mediation Practice (1 CPD unit)
The NMAS Mediation course contains an additional two (2) courses on Substantive Law. Mediation and the Family Law Act 1975 (1 CPD unit) and Mediators in Civil and Administrative settings. (1 CPD unit)
Mediation and Negotiation
Learn the difference between facilitating mediation as an independent third party and negotiating as an advocate in your role as a lawyer.
Explore what it means to offer Evaluative Mediation and how to avoid ethical dilemmas when providing legal advice to both parties.
Find out the fundamental differences in approach between Positional and Collaborative Negotiation approaches and when each is most appropriate.
Watch the video to see a master negotiator at work.
NMAS AccrediationTraining Only (Not Including Assessment)
- Includes training to NMAS Accrediation standards.
NMAS AssessmentAssessment Only (not including Training)
- 90 minute assessment role play in accordance with MSB standards for NMAS Accreditation Assessment.
NMAS Accrediation and Assessment
- Includes all training to NMAS Accrediation standards, 9 video role plays with a minimum of 3 as the meditor and final assessment.
- Coaching and a second assessment (if required) is included at no extra cost.
- Additional CPD courses included at no extra cost (valued at $780 for 8 additional hours CPD)
- The NMAS Course is equivalent to 38 hours of CPD
CPD$98 per CPD unit
- 1 or 2 hour CPD courses.
- Find out more about the current courses available
Request more information about this course specifically tailored to solicitors and barristers.
The course leads to National Mediator Accreditation under the MSB National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS) It includes training in mediation and negotiation as well as additional CPD in Ethics, Practice Management and Business skills and substantive law.
The NMAS course contains 40 hours of training in the professional skills of mediation and negotiation.
In addition to the ethics training included in the basic course you will get an additional hour long course on
- Ethical Challenges for Lawyer Mediators.
Practice Management and Business Skills
Access two CPD courses:
- Preparing your Mediation Practice Documents
- Marketing your Mediation Practice
Access two CPD Courses:
- Mediation and the Family Law Act
- Mediators in Civil and Administrative Settings